Before you buy mom yet another bouquet of flowers this Mother’s Day that will die off in a week, you may want to explore a more meaningful option. If you think mom can’t tell when her gift was rushed or an afterthought, think again! Of course, she “doesn’t want anything” and appreciates whatever you give, but wouldn’t it be nice to give a gift that will blow her away this year? Vintage posters are the perfect gifts; she certainly won’t expect one, so it will be a true surprise!
Recommended Vintage Posters for Mother’s Day
Here at Nancy Steinbock Posters, we offer a diverse selection of fantastic vintage posters, but there are a few that mom just might find a little extra special for sentimental reasons.
- Buy Christmas Seals – You may be too young to remember the popularity of Christmas seals, but mom or grandma likely appreciate how important they were. The American Lung Association started this in 1907 when the leading cause of death was tuberculosis. Emily Bissel designed the first seal, and sold them for a penny a piece at the post office to donate to a local hospital.
- The Real Mother Goose – As a child, Mother Goose was often taken literally to be a real goose, but it was meant to represent an archetypal country woman. Mother Goose is the imaginary author of many nursery rhymes and fairy tales.
- Ferry’s Seeds – We have a few different Ferry’s Seeds posters available. Founded in 1856, this was the place to get all your seeds for the longest time. If mom had a flower or vegetable garden, there is a good chance that she used Ferry’s Seeds. Maybe she still does!
- Travel – Does mom always talk about her vacation she took when she was young? We have an array of travel posters to choose from for places, such as New York, Hawaii, Alaska, New Hampshire, Nantucket, South Pacific and Boulder Dam.
- American Red Cross – If your mom lived during World War II, there is a good chance that she was a nurse for the Red Cross, or knew someone who was. Our Red Cross posters make some of the most memorable, beautiful gifts you can give this Mother’s Day to recognize her strength during difficult times.